Friday, March 27, 2009

Why I Love...


...Incredibad.

Besides it being an awesome word it is also an awesome comedy CD by an awesome musical group...The Lonely Island. You may know The Lonely Island mostly through their collaborations with SNL
and the fact that Andy Samberg is a SNL cast member.

But we're not really talking about The Lonely Island here. We're talking about their recent musical debut Incredibad (which actually came out in February, but, whatever). The first great thing about Incredibad is the fact that it's actually funny. Crazy, I know. At first, I debated whether or not to add Incredibad to the holy sanctuary that is my iTunes library. So I did a little research. I knew 7 of the 19 songs on the CD from SNL Digital Shorts. To make this crucial decision I did what every other smart person would do. No...I didn't listen to all the songs that had been uploaded to YouTube.
...
I listened to the 30 second preview on the iTunes Store of "Who Said We're Wack." Because that 30 second clip made me laugh I decided right then & there that I wanted to own Incredibad. The rest of the CD also offers a plethora of satisfying laughs. This post would be too long if I went through every song so we'll just leave it at that.

The next great thing about Incredibad is the fact that the music is pretty catchy despite the fact that the lyrics are totally ridiculous. Like, if "I'm On a Boat" was a legit song, I think it would get pretty high on the hip-hop charts. And if "Jizz In My Pants" was more appropriate it would definitely be heard at your local E-laced rave. And I wouldn't mind being serenaded with "Dick in a Box." It's got a nice 90s R&B beat. (Listen to those horns in the beginning of the song and before the chorus! lol. They just make the song great.)

The only thing that disappoints me about Incredibad is the fact that "Iran So Far" isn't on there. :( But that couldn't really be helped.

Despite that, I have mad love for Incredibad and The Lonely Island. Can't wait to see what they come up with next.

Hope you get the chance to enjoy a nice sip of Santana DVX while eating some yummy boiled goose.
And remember...YOU'RE A WINNER!


----------------
Now playing: The Lonely Island ft. Jack Black - Sax Man
via FoxyTunes


No comments: