Monday, April 13, 2009

Mmm...talking food....


I've been into drawing birthday cards lately. It started with my roommate, and I've managed to continue it up until this point. It's fun, and even if they look a lil' shi'y, it's the thought that counts. It's also made me want to be a greeting card designer over at Sunrise but I doubt that'll happen.

So what does a typical Wallaby card look like? Well, if I had thought of scanning the images I would have a better example. Instead, you get to look at these mildly blurry pictures from my camera!


As you can see I have a thing for drawing anthropomorphic food in various states. I'm not sure why the hedgehogs are on acid, nor why there's a worm in the cupcake's hat, nor why the peanut butter cups don't have arms. I don't even know why there's a strawberry spa. I'm an amateur genius, so I will pretend they are my artistic vision and you just don't understand.

They're all on regular computer paper, start as pencil drawings, and finally copied using a smooth-writing pen on my make-shift light box (ahem, a window). The color's come from a sweet box of gel-ish crayons. They write on ALL colors of paper, EVEN BLACK! For preservation's sake, I glue them onto some colorful card stock and trim the excess. Ta-dah!
And they all have this cupcake on the back as my signature. Goodness, I'm obese.

I think I'm going to keep this up, though I'll scan them next time (I finally know where the school's scanner is). It gives me a reason to draw various baked goods in my notebook during philosophy class.

My one fear is that this will deepen my desire for a super-duper scanner and tablet, and Illustrator and/or Photoshop. Realistically, that will not happen since Adobe likes-ah dah monies I don't have. Christmas is going to be more and more disappointing from now on.

Lator.


----------------
Now playing:
Zebrahead - The Juggernauts
via FoxyTunes

No comments: